Jump to the content zone at the center

Department of Civil Affairs


  • Web Accessibility Guidelines 2.0 Approbal
  • Please scan QR code to visit website.
How do ROC citizen adoptive parents of foreign children file for termination of adoptive relationship?

(I) Application Process:
1. The adoptive parents or adoptee should apply at any household registration office.
2. When the adoptive parents are unable to apply in person, they may appoint a representative by power of attorney (power of attorney established abroad must be translated into Chinese and notarized by R.O.C. foreign missions); that person with power of attorney must be approved by jurisdictional household registration office.
(II) Required Documentation:
1. Applicant’s identification and seal (or signature).
2. Legal documentation certifying termination of adoption which is recognized by ROC and foreign laws. (Those filing abroad must have documentation translated into Chinese and notarized by R.O.C. foreign missions.)