Jump to the content zone at the center
  • Web Accessibility 2.1 Guidelines Approbal Level AA
  • Please scan QR code to visit website.

How do parents of a child born legitimately to an ROC national father and a foreign national mother file the child's household registration?

(I) Application Process
1. Children born in the ROC
(1) Either parent may apply through the father’s district household registration office.
(2) When adopting parent is not able to apply in person, she/he may appoint a representative by power of attorney (power of attorney established abroad must be translated and notarized by R.O.C. foreign missions).
2. Children born abroad
(1) If the child is younger than 20, entering the ROC using an ROC passport, entry permit or foreign passport, the family head or legal representative may apply for initial household registration to local household registration office with the permanent resident certificate.
(2) If the child is older than 20, application may apply for permanent residency for the child first and, with that, apply for household registration in accordance with Immigration Law and Related regulations.
(II) Required Documents:
1. Child born in the ROC
(1) Applicant’s identification and seal (or signature).
(2) Father’s household registration.
(3)Original of birth certificate (agreement of children’s surname enclosed).
2. Child born abroad
(1)Household certificate of the applicant for initial household registration, family head or legal representative’s ID card and seal;
(2)Permanent resident certificate.